Thursday, October 30, 2008

In English

Well, this is a post for all those who don't understand a word of spanish, hehe. Sorry that I kept you waiting but I'm a bit lazy when it comes to write in English.
A most of you know I'm in Dubai working for Emirates Airline. I arrived on the 3rd of October and been doing training since then.
On the first when I had medicals exams, vaccinations and lots of forms to fill out. Then I started the SEP training i.e. Security and Emergency Procedures. SEP lasted two longs weeks, there was a lot to learn in so little time. I learn evacuation procedures, how to handle a decompression, severe turbulence, fire onboard, and all kind of possible scenarios. So as you see, being a Cabin Crew it's not only "Chicken or Beef" hehe, we must be able to deal with all kind of situations.
We had three exams for that stage: General Safety, Airbus Doors and Boeing Doors. I got the best marks in my class. Finished with and average of 99.95%, not 100% bacause I rushed on the last one and missed 0,5 point for one word, hehe.
Then I had Air Security training, that means hijacking, bombs, violent passengers, etc... How to deal with that.
On sunday I started First Aid training. Let me tell you that weeks here start on Sunday. Weekends are Fridays and Saturdays.
First Aid is a bit crazy, 'cause again I have to learn all this stuff in just one week. I'm lerning how to deliver a baby, give CPR, treat a Heart Attack or a Cardiac Arrest, Faintings, Chokings, Medical Shocks, etc...
On Thursday I have the final exam for this stage and then next week I start with service training. I hope I can relax then.
Dubai is a nice city, lots of tall and awesome buildings and a lot more of construction sites. The whole city is under construction. The weather when I arrived was really hot, almost unberable, but now it's getting better, cooler I mean.
Everyday when I go to the training college I pass the Burj Dubai, to be the tallest building in the world, it will be finished next year I guess, but it's already REALLY tall. I can also see the Burj Al Arab (7* Hotel) from the Hotel I'm living. That's right, I'm living at a Hotel for now because the have no permanent appartments to send me yet. Most of the people who arrived with me and after me are in the same position, actually in my Hotel there are lots of Argentinians, in fact I share the appartment with another boy from Argentina.
For all of you who thought that the life of a Cabin Crew was all glamour, well as you see now it's part glamour and part learning a lot of stuff, hehe.
I've been so busy with training and studying, that sometimes I forget why I'm here, hehe, I can't wait until I start flying and maybe visit YOU :D Emirates flyes to Brisbane, Düsseldorf, Los Angeles among many others.
I'll try to keep you updated on any news from Dubai.

No comments: